A new festive season always brings new cheer, but it also brings a new menu at most restaurants. Christmas time is also a time of eating (and getting fat!). 😛 Novotel is one such hotel embracing the spirit of makan and holiday this Christmas.
A Christmas buffet is available at their in-house Qing Zhen Restaurant, which normally serves Chinese food. The good news is that this year there is Turkey! 😀 Another good news, this buffet is completely halal!
[Left to Right : Beet Root with Orange Salad and Sweet Basil; Prawn and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing]
Diners will be treated to a variety of appetizers to kick start one’s meal. A generous spread of appetizers alone, a total of 10 different types in fact!, will fill you up in no time!
- River Salmon Gravlax with Lemon Dressing
- Chicken Galantine
- Char Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Oven Dried Cherry Tomato and Mozarella with Basil Dressing
- Beet Root with Orange Salad and Sweet Basil
- Fava Beans with Roasted Turkey Loaf
- Prawn and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Artichokes with Vinaigrette
- Garden Salad
- Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Starting the night is no other than Novotel’s special Turkey Carvery.
Traditional Roasted Turkey with Rosemary & Cranberry Sauce. No Christmas buffet would be complete without traditional roasted turkey. This one comes with rosemary and raspberry sauce.
[Left to Right : Roasted Potatoes with Herb; Paella Rice with Saffron Risotto]
Next on, the Main Course. On the left, we have baked potatoes with some nicely peppered beef bacon topped off. Paella rice came with a mixture of vegetables with saffron risotto.
[Left to Right : Sliced Roasted Striploin with Fresh Thyme; Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon cream sauce]
Lamb is also available, with black pepper sauce, served with olives, tomatoes and asparagus. Of course, what was probably one of the highlights of the night was the salmon, which was nicely grilled and expertly seasoned. Besides these, there are another 8 more mains for patrons to relish at.
- Paella Rice with Saffron Risotto
- Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon cream sauce
- Spanish Oxtail Stew with Olive and Potatoes
- Ragout of Seafood with Braised Fennel
- Minted Shoulder of Young Lamb with Rosemary Jus
- Roulade Chicken Corden Bleu with Stuffed Cheese and Spinach
- Sliced Roasted Striploin with Fresh Thyme
- Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
- Roasted Potatoes with Herb
- Herb Buttered Mixed Vegetables
Finally, ending your meal with a variety of Christmas treats. The Christmas Stolen, a typically lighter take on the Christmas fruit cake, with frosting! Also another staple during Christmas, eh? 🙂
- Christmas Yule Log
- Various Puddings
- Cheese & Fruit Cakes
- Cookies (Mailander, Lebkuchen, Brunsli, Basler Leckerlu, Cinnamon Star)
- Ginger Bread House
- Christmas Stolen
- Ice Cream
- Chocolate Fondue
The menu above is whipped up in conjunction with Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Gather your loved ones and head over to Novotel Kuala Lumpur for a feast! 🙂
Christmas Eve Buffet Dinner [RM 108 Nett – Adult, RM 54 Nett – Child]
Christmas Day Hi Tea [RM 78 Nett – Adult, RM 39 Nett – Child]
New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner [RM 108 Nett – Adult, RM 54 Nett – Child]
How to get there :
Address : 2 Jalan Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Contact : +603-2147 0888 (for reservations)